2 kgs Chicken thighs w legs in bone, skin on (about 8 pcs)
½ kgs Baby potatoes
2 medium Red onions diced
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
4 medium Lemon juice & zest
1 tsp each Chicken seasoning, mixed spice, cardamom & ginger
2 1/2 tsp Whole grain mustard or mustard powder
4 tbsp Greek seasoning (or 2 tbsp ea dry thyme & oregano)
2 small Plain yougurt
3/4 cup Olive oil
To taste Salt, pepper, maggi (3 cubes – optional)
1 cup Chicken broth
4 Rosemary sprigs (fresh)
- Marinate the chicken in all the seasoning in a large bowl and spread out in a glass casserole.
- Wash and cut the potatoes in ½ then marinate in the remaining seasoning in the bowl, adding some extra olive oil, S&P and Greek seasoning.
- Arrange on top of the chicken then add the broth and put the rosemary sprigs on top.
- Cover with foil and leave in marinade overnight or as long as possible
- Cook in oven until cooked through. Remove the foil and broil for a while till the top turn a golden brown
Serve with lemon rice
Basmati (or Egyptian) rice
Wilt 1 onion in oil/butter before adding the rice. Add chopped parsley to the onion (option)
Add juice of 2 lemons to the water and towards the end add some lemon zest.